This blood orange sidecar cocktail is a wonderful cocktail for celebrating Mother’s Day. It’s a refreshing sip to welcome the spring.
To make your Mother’s Day even more fun, we are giving away a KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer in either black or white. Just scroll down to the entry form after the recipe and follow the instructions.
You have until May 12th to enter, and we have lots of ways for you to get more chances to win. We also have lots of Mother’s Day themed recipes for you.
I hope one of my readers wins!
P.S. If you are not from the U.S., you will receive an Amazon gift card in the value of the mixer so you can order one yourself. All of the details are in the Rafflecopter entry form.
For this brandy cocktail, I used blood oranges, which are wonderful in cocktails. They have a slightly bittersweet taste and such a gorgeous color. They are usually available from winter until early spring depending on where you live.
When it’s not blood orange season, just use mandarin oranges and add an extra dash of bitters. As an alternative, Trader Joes’s sells this amazing tangerine juice that would be perfect along with a dash of bitters.
I recommend buying as many blood oranges as you can when they are in season and freeze the juice.
Blood Orange Sidecar Cocktail
Author: Karen Kerr
- 2 ounces blood orange (or other orange) juice
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy or cognac
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 to 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1/2 ounce lemonade frozen concentrate (such as Minute Maid)
- Blood orange slices for garnish
- Sparkling sugar for the rim.
How to cook Blood Orange Sidecar Cocktail
- Add the juice, brandy, Grand Marnier, bitters, and lemonade concentrate to an ice filled shaker and shake to blend.
- Rub the rim of a cocktail glass with an orange slice and twist the rim in some sugar that has been set on a plate.
- Add some ice to the cocktail glass and strain the mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with the orange wedge.
Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Cocktail, brandy, blood orange, sidecar
This recipe was adapted from White on Rice Couple
a Rafflecopter giveaway