These crab deviled eggs are double-stuffed, first with crab salad, and then with a mixture of yolks and mayonnaise.
These double-stuffed deviled eggs with crab will make any deviled egg lover happy. The egg yolk mixture includes mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper.
The crab mixture includes mayonnaise, scallions, lemon juice, and a secret ingredient, finely diced Granny Smith apples.
Apples? Yes! They add such a nice tart crunch surprise.
How to make crab deviled eggs:
Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks and set the whites aside. Press the yolks through a mesh strainer and mix them with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
In a separate bowl, mix lump crab meat with mayonnaise, diced Granny Smith apple, minced scallions, and fresh lemon juice.
At this point, you can refrigerate all of the components for up to 24 hours before assembling the eggs.
To assemble and serve the eggs, fill the egg whites with the crab mixture and top with the egg yolk mixture. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Because Good Friday is a somber holiday, I thought I’d come up with something that would be appropriate for after church when the family gets together.
The combination of the crab and the deviled egg yolks is seriously tasty. And don’t omit the apple. It’s surprisingly amazing.
Check out everyone’s fish for Good Friday recipes:
Crab Deviled Eggs Recipe
Author: Karen Kerr
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cayenne pepper
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 grams (about 2 ounces) lump crab meat, patted dry
- 1/4 medium unpeeled Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 1/2 scallion, finely sliced
- Fresh lemon juice
- Finely chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and separate the yolks.
- Press the yolks through a mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise, the mustard, a dash of the cayenne, and some salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the crab, apple, scallion, and the rest of the mayonnaise, along with a dash of lemon juice. Season with a dash of cayenne and salt.
- Divide the crab mixture evenly to fill the egg whites. Top with the egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish with the chives.
Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Deviled eggs, eggs, seafood, crab
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at email@example.com. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.