This fried rice with crab and peas takes only 20 minutes to make, especially if you have some leftover steamed or Chinese takeout white rice. It makes a great lunch or dinner with a salad. The rest of the ingredients are easy to find, and the dish is a lot of fun to make.
I used a wok to make this dish, but a large skillet would work too. What’s so nice about the wok is that it develops a nonstick finish when you use it over time, but you can still use it with very high heat, unlike most nonstick pans.
I’m participating in the Eating the Alphabet Healthy Recipe Challenge hosted by Brenda of Meal Planning Magic. This month, we can choose fruits, vegetables, grains, or legumes that start with the letters P, Q, or R. Participating has definitely helped me discover new dishes I may not have otherwise tried.
Fried Rice with Crab and Peas
1/4 C soy sauce
1 1/2 T rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 T peanut or vegetable oil
1 T minced ginger
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
4 C steamed white rice
2 eggs, beaten
8 ounces of crab meat
1 C frozen peas
- Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and white pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok on high heat until hot and add the oil.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir for about 5 to 10 seconds and then quickly add the rice and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the rice to expose the bottom of the pan, and add the eggs and quickly stir fry until cooked through.
- Add the crabmeat, peas, and sauce and stir fry for about 3 more minutes.
Check out other recipes using ingredients beginning with P, Q, or R in the thumbnails below.