Currently Kalasan fried chicken is not only sold in the Yogyakarta area. But we can meet in other cities with more varied spices, some of which tend to taste sweet and there are more dominant salty flavors. Many are also served with crispy crispy flour.
Kalasan Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 young chicken, divided into 4 parts
- 1 lemon, squeeze the water
- 300 ml of young coconut water
- 5 cloves of garlic, puree
- 5 pecan nuts, puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Right amount of oil
- 100 gr of big red chili
- 3 red cayenne seeds
- 1 fresh tomato
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 shallots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
How to make :
- Smear the chicken with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Add garlic, candlenut and salt. Mix well, let stand 30 minutes
- Boil chicken in coconut water, add bay leaves. Cook over low heat and mix well until the chicken is tender, and the sauce thickens.
- Heat a lot of oil, fry the chicken until it’s brownish yellow. Lift
- Sambal: Heat a little oil, cook red chili, garlic, onion, shrimp paste until wilted. Puree all ingredients. Cook again and add salt, brown sugar and chicken stew broth. Mix well and cook the chili until thick
- Serve fried chicken and chili sauce, complete with fresh vegetables
If you like this recipe, you can share it with friends and family who want to cook fried chicken Kalasan at home. Don’t forget to leave a comment in the box below.