These Oreo Cheesecake Bars, with a thick layer of cookies and cream crust, will be one of your family’s favorite desserts.
If you love cheesecakes, but are intimidated by the whole ritual of making one, including dealing with the water bath, worrying about the cheesecake cracking, and breaking out the springform pan, you need to give cheesecake bars a chance.
These Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars are so creamy and delicious, and will remind you of your favorite summer ice cream.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Shopping List:
You will need 35 Oreo cookies for this recipe. I bought the “Family Size” package of Oreos “just to be safe.” Who can resist extra Oreos, right? You will also need 12 ounces of cream cheese and 6 tablespoons of sour cream.
From your pantry and fridge you will need vanilla, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs.
You might also need:
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Bars:
First, you crush 23 Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor until they are turned into a fine crumb. Next, you add some butter, press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a foil-lined square cake pan, and bake the mixture for 10 minutes.
After that, you mix the filling by blending a batter of cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Next, you beat in the eggs and stir in more crushed Oreo cookies.
Finally, you pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust and bake the pan for about 30 to 35 minutes. Cheesecake bars!
Did you know that today is National Cheesecake Day? Thanks to Coleen of the Redhead Baker, we are not neglecting this holiday!
Here’s a round up of some delicious cheesecake recipes:
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Author: Karen Kerr
These Oreo Cheesecake Bars have a thick Oreo cookie crust topped with a creamy cheesecake filled with even more chopped Oreos.
For the Crust
- 23 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 12 Oreos, roughly chopped
How to cook Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch cake pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the Oreos until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter and process until the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Pour the crust ingredients into the lined pan and press down to form an even layer. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium high for about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and beat until combined. Add the sour cream, vanilla, and salt and beat to combine.
- Add the eggs and beat on medium high speed until incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the mixture is cooked through on the edges and jiggly in the middle.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for an hour at room temperature.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Cut the bars with a large chef’s knife to serve.
Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Five Top Cheesecake Recipes:
How to stay up to date with Karen’s Kitchen Stories?
Check out my recipe index for more amazing recipes.
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes from fellow bloggers.
Finally, please follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.