This recipe for Toasted Gnocchi with Mushroom, Basil and Parmesan is quick and easy to make, nice and hearty, and full of rich and delicious flavors.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
• 1 pound (uncooked) potato gnocchi*, homemade or store-bought
• 8 ounces baby bella or white button mushrooms, sliced
• 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2/3 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 cup julienned or roughly-chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely-packed
• 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
• Cook gnocchi according to package directions in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling water. Drain, and set aside.
• Meanwhile, as the gnocchi is cooking, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and slightly browned. Then add in the cooked gnocchi and garlic and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and the gnocchi is lightly toasted and browned around the edges.
Rated 5/ 733 based on 733 Customer Reviews