You can create West Coast Cheesecakes with a variety of base materials, toppings, flavors and textures. In this recipe, we use nougat as a base, with spices so the fragrance is more exotic and tempting. Good luck at home!
- 150 g of nougat cookies / peanut cake, crush it
- ½ teaspoon of seasoning
- 100 g of unsalted butter, melted
- 375 g of cream cheese
- 100 g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs, shake
- 10 g of sour cream
- 100 g of apricot jam, simmer with 50 ml of water over low heat, stir
How to make :
- Prepare the oven at 170ºC, prepare the spring form pan.
- Alas: mix the biscuits with the spices and butter, stir well. Place the biscuit mixture on the bottom of the pan, press it until it is solid, store it in the refrigerator.
- Cheese cake: beat cream cheese with sugar until soft, add vanilla and lemon juice, mix well. Add the egg beaters little by little while continuing to stir evenly, add the sour cream, mix well. Pour the cheesecake mixture into a pan that has been covered with biscuit mixture.
- Bake au bain marie for 45 minutes until done, turn the oven off, remove the au bain marie pan, let the cheese cake cool in an open oven. Brush the bag of cheesecake with apricot jam. Cool in the refrigerator.
Because it is classified as grilled cheesecake, the making of West Coast cheesecake requires more patience than non-baked cheesecakes. If the cheess surface is cracked, it’s probably because the roasting temperature is too hot. But don’t worry, the more often you try to make it in the kitchen, the more expert you will be! Use canned apricots for toppings if you like, and serve cold. Good luck!